Relax Haven - Relaxation and natural healing
We put the CARE back into Health Care at our Byron Bay Sauna!
This wonderfully detoxifying, stimulating and warming treat for your body gives many health benefits including the goodness of sunlight without harmful solar radiation. The Haven Byron Bay’s infrared sauna also has the option of light therapy and tranquil music to help you truly relax into your session.
How does the infrared sauna work?
The Haven Byron Bay’s infrared sauna warms your body in the same way as natural sunlight by using the same wavelength of the visible and non-visible light spectrum. As a result, you receive many of the health benefits of natural sunlight without harmful solar radiation.
Instead of heating the air within the sauna (like a traditional or steam sauna) the far infrared sauna heats the body directly. One of the most beneficial forms of heat to the human body, infrared has the ability to refract, radiate, reflect and penetrate – allowing the body to absorb it. When infrared penetrates the skin to subcutaneous tissues, it transforms from light energy into heat energy (direct light conversion).
What are the benefits of an infrared sauna?
This heating of your tissue causes blood vessels to dilate, and cellular activity to be stimulated improving your blood circulation and metabolism. This increased circulation then delivers oxygen and nutrients to your cells.
The Haven Byron Bay’s infrared sauna also aids your body in detoxification. Toxins can be encapsulated by clusters of water and begin to accumulate causing many problems in the body. When the water molecules are impacted by infrared waves they begin to vibrate reducing ion bonds and breaking their structure down releasing toxic gases and materials.
Why do the benefits of infrared saunas increase over time?
There are many therapeutic benefits for your body through regular use of the sauna, and the deeply detoxing, blood circulating and nourishing effects it brings. These results become greater over time.
Many health conditions can be improved through the use of The Haven Byron Bay’s infrared sauna and much research has been done on this subject. For example:
- Increased circulation and oxygenation of tissues brings about improved healing of damaged tissues, scars, injuries and skin conditions, aiding pain relief and muscle and joint stiffness.
- Increased cell nutrition and the break down of fat stores aid weight loss and improve skin condition
- It is reported infrared sauna is the only antidote to excessive ultraviolet radiation (sunburn)!
- It is effective for asthma, bronchitis and sinus congestion as it clears inflammation and swelling – and is easy to breathe in without the air being heavily heated.
- Immune function is strengthened as white blood cell function and lymphatic circulation is enhanced, and the body’s temperature is increased creating an ‘artificial fever’ to be overcome.
- Even cardiovascular health is improved. As the body works to cool itself the heart works harder pumping blood at a greater rate. Heart rate, cardiac output and metabolic rate increase while diastolic blood pressure drops.
Along with all the health benefits, the infrared sauna is a great way to relax and prepare for a massage by warming the muscles up to allow the therapist to perform a more thorough and effective massage.
“The infrared sauna certainly made me sweat it out and the colour therapy is also pleasant. I’ve had chronic back pain for over 3 years now and anything that helps is worth it. Mind you this was pretty cheap too. During the sauna my back warmed up more than the rest of my body and I certainly felt a reduction in pain afterwards. Its a great steam free way of sweating out the toxins as it penetrates the skin deeper and circulates the blood flow. Thanks girls see you again soon.”